I was asked to host a painting event for a local Girl Scouts Troop. We had 45 minutes to create a Snowman/Snowwoman themed painting, so I did a bunch of prep work to make sure everyone was able to complete in time while having a good time.
The girls all did such a great job and it just makes me smile to see all of their individual takes on the theme!
Would you like to paint one for yourself or with your kids?
What you will need:
- 8x10 Canvas
- Acrylic Paints
- Paint Brushes
- Hot Glue Stick
- Snowflake Accessory (small ornament, button, foam cutout etc)
- Glue or Hot Glue to attached snowflake
Before you begin:
- It is always a good idea to put down a coat of gesso or at minimum a background layer of paint. It will provide a nice surface to work on. For this project I suggest a light winter blue as it will help provide depth to the color colors you add on later!
- Click here to read more about using gesso
- Save a step and add paint color to your gesso